Sunday, January 30, 2011

Needlepoint at last

I love needlepoint as much as I love cross stitch. It doesn't appear here very often because I'm around cross stitchers a lot more than needlepointers, and the peer pressure is AWFUL ;)

I spent a day this week with my friend Alice who taught me how to do needlepoint, and I usually take a canvas project to work on when we get together. This one is in the 4-5 year old range and on Wednesday all that was done was most of his hat and eyes, some of his mustache, very little of his beard and all of his cheeks and nose.




This is the Snowflake Santa by Libby Sturdy. It was a freebie on The Caron Collection's website--I looked for it tonight and didn't see it, but I didn't check the Designer features section. It's a bit big for an ornament to my eye, so I'm making it a stocking. I have plans for the toe to balance things out a bit. The stitch guide also calls for a darker background color.

I've been working on it faithfully since Wednesday as all of Alice's finished pieces make me want to work on a few other things (like maybe one of the 6-7 other Libby canvases I have started). Alas, this is as far as it goes until I get together with Alice again as I have some 'have to' stitching that needs to get done (I should be banned from blogging for egregious use of 'alas' there).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment