Monday, January 17, 2011

Let's try this (posting from my phone)

Let's just say excuses for this hiatus will appear later...maybe....

In celebration of finishing this:







in time to do this in class with Stacy Nash:







I took a night off from 'have to stitch' to work on whatever sampler was randomly pulled from the UFO pile. The Mexican Garden sampler from Queenstown Sampler Designs was the lucky winner (my various stupidities associated with this piece have been documented in a previous post to be linked later). When last seen, it looked remarkably similar to this:







In a matter of hours I ripped out the end of the last bit of stitching I'd done months ago, stitched correctly this time around, added a new motif, discovered halfway back I'd mucked up the reversible bit on the back, ripped and fixed it, started the next motif and realized they both looked ridiculous in long arm cross (the motifs are too small, duh), ripped them both out completely and put one back in.

The above explains why hardly anything gets finished...that, and Downton Abbey on the TV....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

(edited to fix spacing and add this:



Now you can see how little progress I made above. Which explains my limited success at FINISHING things....)

No comments:

Post a Comment