Thursday, February 3, 2011

American Sampler

Yesterday was very frustrating--I had several hours of stitch time, a large chunk of which was spent RIPPING again ERGH! I think I could have finished the right inside of the Indian Ink needlebook if I hadn't had to rip nearly the whole left side (yes, that would be the side I started with). It's fixed, but I'm still annoyed.

Feeling like I've done my duty this week, and since I've been tortured with TWO American Sampler models on display at The Attic I pulled out my i don't know how many years old WIP (40ct with NPI). I finished off the lefthand queen stitch flower and started the bird on the right.



Of course it wouldn't be a leisurely night of stitching without finding a mistake--in this case one made 4 or 5 years ago (pause for primal scream).

I now have to rip out pretty much all of the right side of the branch/vine thing. I remember not really liking to stitch the big green leaf the first time around....

My new Stitch Blade is getting broken in faster than I drive....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment