Saturday, May 22, 2010

Er...hello

I don't know how to start this blog except in the middle, which is where I am in all my projects....

I'll start with the soon to be out-of-print 'Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow' from Carriage House Samplings--


My home shop is Attic Needlework in Mesa, Arizona. The shop recently started a monthly SAL group for Hawk Run projects, and since this is the one I could find, this is the one I picked (I swear I have the first 'Houses of Hawk Run Hollow' somewhere in the stash....). I'm stitching as charted with Needlepoint Inc. silks, except the fabric I picked was a limited addition (sort of dyed by me) and the piece wasn't big enough, so it's over 1 instead of 2. I like to use a #10 or #12 beading needle when I'm stitching over 1 on 40ct (it's easier to run the needle under stitches on the back).



I love peacocks, and this piece has several.

Hopefully you'll see some progress on this project in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment